[Copy link]

Guru II

Moderator MedalHarbinger Medal

8 Threads
55 Posts
411 Points
Post time 4-28-2015 11:24 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by chaose5 at 4-30-2015 22:39

Monster Hunter Online Awakening CBT allows player to choose from 6 weapons, namely Sword n Shield, Tachi, Bow, Bowgun, Greatsword and Hammer. Your character starts the game with Sword n Shield, the default weapon. This is a brief guide on how to change to other weapons. As you level up (to roughly 9~10), the main quest eventually will show you how to get other weapons.

You will have to collect Mezeporta Coin or Red Coin in short, and exchange for the weapon manual at the instructor NPC. Tachi manual cost 2 Red Coins while the manual for other weapon costs 20 Red Coins each.

Red Coins can only be obtained in 2 ways:

1) Daily Sign-in Reward
- you can sign in every 30minute to get a free gift package; the 4th package gives you 2 Red Coins daily.

2) Bounty Quest - Challenge Mode
- Clearing Bounty Quest (Challenge Mode only) gives a Red Coin bag which gives 2 to 3 Red Coin.
- You can submit up to 3 Bounty Quest per day.
- The Bounty Quest (Challenge Mode) normally would request you to do one of the following:
a. 白金: Obtain "Platinum" rating upon clearing
b. 限时: Clear it within 7minute; the timer starts the moment you accept the quest from the Bounty Board.
c. 捕获: Capture the monster; you will need to weaken the monster, trap it and capture it with 2 x tranquilizer (without killing it)
d. 破坏: Break a certain part of the monster
e. 倒地: Knockdown the monster.

The skills and combo for each weapons can be previewed at the H > 3rd Tab. Notice that there are some locked skills in the list.

These skills can be unlocked by buying skill books from the instructor, with Silver (char-binded in-game currency). You will need to reach a certain level to learn them though.

The ultimates for each weapon are shown in H > 2nd tab as well. The 1st and 2nd ultimate are unlocked after doing quest at Lv15 and 25 respectively.

The lv15 main quest to unlock the 1st ultimate involves the cover monster for MHO, Estrellian

The weapon talents, which can be learned after lv19, are shown in H > 4th tab. I will cover them in separate thread soon.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login to download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
18 Posts
146 Points
Post time 4-29-2015 14:36 | Show all posts
Hey Chaose5. Nice guide.

I was confused about the Bounty Board missions, so this really does help. However, I am a little confused on one of the Bounties. The Spider Crab (Ballidae) or whatever it's called. I think I've broken every single part on this monster, yet the mission does not clear.

So far from what I'm getting out of this monster, is you can break the Claws, the Back, and that's all I can seem to think of breaking. Do you know of any other part on this particular monster you can break?

It's just a really irritating Bounty I've been trying to clear on some of my Alts.
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Guru II

8 Threads
55 Posts
411 Points
 Author| Post time 4-29-2015 19:48 | Show all posts
Humor 4-29-2015 14:36
Hey Chaose5. Nice guide.

I was confused about the Bounty Board missions, so this really does help.  ...

If i am not wrong, it is the "horn" behind the crab..

I have seen chinese shouting for Hammer weapon user to break it...
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
18 Posts
146 Points
Post time 4-29-2015 20:39 | Show all posts
I've tried like everything, hammers, SnS, GS, what do you mean by "horn"? It's back horn? Or like smash it's face? because that's the only thing me and my friends can think of as of now, is smash it's head in. We've paralyzed it, and smashed it's face with a hammer as well, but nothing seemed to break from it's face despite how many times we beat the thing down.

But, it sure would be nice to know. So, is it the head we're after?
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Guru II

8 Threads
55 Posts
411 Points
 Author| Post time 4-29-2015 20:48 | Show all posts
Edited by chaose5 at 4-29-2015 20:53
Humor 4-29-2015 20:39
I've tried like everything, hammers, SnS, GS, what do you mean by "horn"? It's back horn? Or like sm ...

The back horn...
Actually i am not sure how the hammer guy in my party did it... but somehow we manage to break its part and get the horn as the reward.

The official description also mentioned that the shell can be broken with hammer.
http://mho.qq.com/webplat/info/n ... 201406/268103.shtml

This post contains more resources

You have to Login to download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
18 Posts
146 Points
Post time 4-30-2015 01:13 | Show all posts
Oh, I'm not talking about the Hermitaur (English version).

http://2p.com/32090556_1/Monster ... Baelidae-by-Wei.htm

This is the one I'm talking about in particular. The purple spider one that slings webs. I know the Hermitaur's shell/horn can be busted, could ever since what... The PSP Versions?

The Spider version of this however, you can break the shell on it's back, which shows it being partially broken, yet, it doesn't seem like it can get much more broken than the one time that it does get broken in the first place with the shell just being cracked.

Sorry, I would've posted a screenshot, and I meant to, but the game was down for Maintenance, and now it seems to be again haha.

But, thanks for going through the trouble for me, even though I know the Hermitaur's shell, Diablos/Monoblos shell can be broken. And sorry for not being a little more specific.

Next time, I'll have to probably just take some screenshots to be more precise.
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Guru II

8 Threads
55 Posts
411 Points
 Author| Post time 4-30-2015 01:57 | Show all posts
Edited by chaose5 at 4-30-2015 02:11
Humor 4-30-2015 01:13
Oh, I'm not talking about the Hermitaur (English version).

http://2p.com/32090556_1/Monster-Hunter- ...

OH... that spider hahaha. i misunderstand you because you refer to it as a "Spider Crab" LOL

er, i m not too sure about Baelidae.. Yes indeed, i have seen that its abdomen can be broken, but i am not sure what you can get out of it

According to the chinese wiki (refer to http://baike.baidu.com/item/%E9%AC%BC%E7%8B%A9%E8%9B%9B), the left and right pincer of Baelidae can be broken as well though i haven't done it myself .. Maybe you can try it

Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
18 Posts
146 Points
Post time 4-30-2015 04:48 | Show all posts
No worries Chaose5, I see you're just as clueless as me haha.

I Can't for the life of me, figure out what I need to break on this monster. I've read your guide, and everything seems correct from what I can gather, break a certain piece, capture, platinum rank, etc. etc. but I can't figure out what to break on this monster.

As i've said before, I've broke it's bakc, i've broke BOTH of it's claws, and the only think I can think of right now, is maybe it's face, but even smashing it's face endless amounts of times, nothing has happens thus far. I just don't get what it is I'm to break on this thing.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll figure this crap out eventually, I mean I have 5 characters already, how hard could it possibly be....? (stupidly hard i'm guessing lol).

There just has to be something I'm missing on this monster... I dont' know what it is. And yes the Daily bounties do change, but I really would like to know what I'm supposed to break on this monster... Maybe if someone else (anyone) has info on this, it'd be nice.

Again, I've broken it's shell, and claws (Pincers) the only thing I can think of is the face, unless the shell completely breaks until it's gone, in which case, me and my friends have done so, but haven't been able to break it any further before it dies.

Again I really appreciate your response Chaose5 =).
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Guru II

8 Threads
55 Posts
411 Points
 Author| Post time 4-30-2015 19:14 | Show all posts
Humor 4-30-2015 04:48
No worries Chaose5, I see you're just as clueless as me haha.

I Can't for the life of me, figure ou ...

hmmm consider posting the screenshot of the request?
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
18 Posts
146 Points
Post time 4-30-2015 20:02 | Show all posts
Edited by Humor at 4-30-2015 20:03

Luckily I still had the quest accepted on this char, or I wouldn't have been able to post it for a while until I get my other Alts to level 13 ish.

This is the Bounty I'm specifically talking about. I'm pretty sure it's a break the part quest, but I'm just not too sure which part. I've broken the Pincers, and the back. Nothing else seems to break. We've even went as far as trying to break certain parts even more so, only focusing on hitting those parts. But they do not break anymore then what we had did to them.
http://i.imgur.com/f4Pl9oH.jpg Here's a link if the picture is too small.

Comments

This is a capture quest.. you will need to weaken the monster, trap it, and capture with 2 x tranquilizer (without killing it)  Post time 4-30-2015 22:38
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|Dark room|2P.com

1-19-2017 07:03 GMT-8 , Processed in 0.932105 second(s), Total 14, Slave 13 queries .