FORUMS

Free MMORPG and Mobile Games Forums at 2P.com

View: 10877|Reply: 5

Monster Hunter Online - Felyne Farm! (Shhh it's really Manor)

[Copy link]

Intern Moderator

10 Threads
55 Posts
385 Points
Post time 4-28-2015 05:42 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello again and NYA! Thanks for dropping by! Today i'm going to go over a little part of the beta that some of you might not understand, and quite frankly took me a little bit of messing around to get it. One aspect of Millard Village is the "Manor" or as veterans of the Monster Hunter series know it better as "The Felyne Farm". This is a nickname that has stuck with some and it sums it up quite well. So let's get into how we go about understanding the farm shall we?

You'll first get a quest to talk to this man here. His name roughly translates into "Millet Old Man"

Upon talking to him you'll have some dialogue that you have to cut through. After that he will have a few BLUE marked quests. These are your daily farm quests that consist of picking X amount of a certain item or going to a friends garden to pick what you can there. But more on that feature later. Millet also has a few items for sale. If you click into them you can see that they cost something that looks a little like a flame. These are Manor Points. You get these simply from doing the daily quests, along with "Dung" for fertilizing land and general payment inside of the farm itself. It allows you to upgrade the area as you see fit.

Once you have all your dailies, step inside the Farm by heading to the right. After a short load you'll come to this area.

Now before we go further, you won't have anything in your farm to start. You will have to complete a short quest (voluntary I believe to start your farm) but that's easy. Let's head over to the Farm Board.

By clicking the top option we're given a series of tabs that have to do with upgrading your land. Each tab gives you a different field for upgrading, like Mushrooms, Honey, and a Mining Node to name a few. These upgrades not only will cost you a small amount of Zenny, but also that Dung we talked a little bit about earlier. It's worth it to note that you can't get Dung any other way than by completing your Farm dailies, if you can though I haven't found it yet. But if you want free materials there's not better way than to do dailies while grabbing them anyway.

Now that you've chosen what to start on, how about we take a quick tour of the Farm? Below you will see a couple screenshots showing you all locations in the farm with gathering points, but you can also find those on your mini map. Also, when a node has something for you it is indicated in the top left with an ! on it.

This is the Mushroom node

The Mining node

The Honey node

The Bug node

And the Fishing node (You will have to have bait on you to fish this area)

Another thing you might have noticed walking through is the cart in the middle of the Farm. This is just your general storage with quick access. You don't have to talk to any storage guy to access here in the farms

You may have also noticed a small Felyne standing next to the cart. His name is Kula (meow)

He sells an assortment of items as well for the Manor. But what these items do, well i'm not certain. I bought one just to check, but haven't found a use for it yet at the board or by clicking on it.

We're not done just yet Hunters! Next to the Farm board you will find a little Felyne named Soma. He's a cute little fella and he will be your Felyne comrade trainer.

Clicking on Soma gives you a few options similar to the Farm board. You will still need Dung and Zenny to upgrade the training for your comrades.

Once you have upgraded a certain aspect of training, you should see this come up on those sections which means "Complete" more or less, and that you can't upgrade that section any more (for the moment).

but exploring a little more into the Felyne training, you will see a second tab where you upgraded. This tab allows you to put Felynes into training (Up to 4 at a time) and willl take a hunt or two to finish. You're greeted with a short cutscene after selecting which Felynes to train. You cannot put your currently equipped Felyne into training as he is already techinically training with you everytime he goes into the field.

I also wanted to show you that your Felynes will gain skills. Somebody said this was from books but I have yet to find only one so far. Maybe they can grab more from training as well. But this is what the screen looks like.

As you can see Merarou has nothing equipped on this tab in the slots. But below, Airou (wouldn't let me name him that but that's what his name is!) has a skill equipped. Also check on your Felynes weapons as he levels. I was able to click on the + on his weapon to upgrade it's status to 2.

Well Hunters, that's all I have for you today! Check back tomorrow for something special! I hope you'll like it too. Happy Huning until then! NYA!

<a href="http://s815.photobucket.com/user/Lecruidant/media/do_the_felyne_dance_b

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
18 Posts
146 Points
Post time 4-28-2015 08:32 | Show all posts
Nice guide. I have to admit though, It really didn't dawn on me that the brown icon was dung. This is odd, considering it was used in other versions of MH as well. But now that you've mentioned it, it does in fact make sense. I was only obtaining the points personally by doing the dailies, so I didn't really understand as to what I actually needed. Good to know though.

Also, I was obtaining these "Skill Books" from the Hunting quest that has a timer counting down, which basically switches to another quest, pretty much what "Event" quests were back in MH 1 (PS2), only instead of on a 25-30 minute timer, it took a 2 weeks in order for the event quests to change. I am not sure if these always hand out "Books" for your Felyne's yet, I seldom do them, but from the few times I have done them, I was able to obtain two books per run.

Upon completion, you'll goto the reward screen where you if you've obtained these books, you should see colored books with icons on them.

I just did a quick Event Quest (or so I'm going to call them), and sloppy I might add which only gave me gold. But as you can see, I've obtained a Felyne/Melynx skill book, a red/orange one. Which you can then equip in the corresponding colored slot. This is just one of my Alternative characters, so, I don't really have anymore books to show you, as they disappear upon use of the current selected Felyne/Melynx.

Now from my observation, the red books are "Active" skills, giving your felyne/melynx different skills, the blue books seem to be passive skills, which on my main's Felyne I currently have an attack boost passive on my Felyne (or so what I believe to be an attack boost) now with my Felyne's status bar having a sword Icon beside them. Of course I could be entirely wrong.

Anyways, these are the skill books you can obtain from doing these event quests. it's worth noting while in the event quests you will not be able to carve monsters. Also, you will use "Hunting Tickets" (or so I call them) in order to do these quests/hunts just like you would normally.

Anyways, sorry for posting this stuff here, just thought I'd take the time to show you what I meant.
Reply Upvote 1 Downvote 0

Use magic Report

Noob I

0 Threads
1 Posts
7 Points
Post time 4-28-2015 14:39 | Show all posts
Thanks for the information Lecruidant! Humor. I feel like you don't like Lecruidant though or something as when I come here looking for more help from him it always seems like you trying to say bad about his post. I have played with Lecruidant 2 times in game and he is very friendly and helpful. And also he does not talk or read Chinese. He told me the guide like this takes him time because of having to translate this before showing others. I appreciate you Lecruidant! Good work
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
18 Posts
146 Points
Post time 4-28-2015 16:12 | Show all posts
D4RK0N3 4-28-2015 14:39
Thanks for the information Lecruidant! Humor. I feel like you don't like Lecruidant though or someth ...

I suppose I could see how it would seem I dislike his posts or something. I'm not really "intending" to sound that way, and I'm sorry if you, or him feel that way.

But honestly, I have no real reason not to like him. I think what he's doing is great. Actually, I'm not even sure how the recent post sounds like I dislike him or anything. I simply stated that it was great to know what the dung Icon was, and referring back to my previous post in his last topic about the Felyne/Melynx skill books, and thought I'd post some screenshots of what they look like, considering had explained he hadn't obtained any.

Again, sorry if the posts came out the wrong way, I don't mean no harm by them.
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Intern Moderator

10 Threads
55 Posts
385 Points
 Author| Post time 4-28-2015 16:51 | Show all posts
Edited by Lecruidant at 4-28-2015 19:52

Humor you're fine! You're trying to help just like I am in my reviews/articles! I just got around to getting on my computer! D4RK, I thank you for the backing as well! As D4RK stated I don't speak or read Chinese. So if I leave something out it's always good to either have something asked or to help comment on it. It does take me a little bit to get all the info for these articles so I may skim over some things. No worries! Happy Hunting!
<a href="http://s815.photobucket.com/user/Lecruidant/media/do_the_felyne_dance_b
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Noob I

0 Threads
3 Posts
25 Points
Post time 3-1-2016 14:24 | Show all posts
Do you need a certain level to train those kitties?
When I try to talk with the cat I don't have any other option then to leave the conversation, so.
Also, there is this gray cat standing around for VIP members too, tho i'll wait for an english version before i'll consider VIP.
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|Dark room|2P.com

7-26-2017 05:00 GMT-8 , Processed in 1.134880 second(s), Total 13, Slave 12 queries .