FORUMS

Free MMORPG and Mobile Games Forums at 2P.com

View: 7114|Reply: 11

Felyne Customization! But what does that mean to you?

[Copy link]

Intern Moderator

10 Threads
55 Posts
385 Points
Post time 4-23-2015 04:26 | Show all posts |Read mode
Nya and Hello again Hunters!

It's at the close of the second day of Monster Hunter Online CBT4 Awakening for me and tonight I was greeted with one of my favorite aspects of Monster Hunter from some of the more recent titles. Felynes customization!

That's Coke! Rough translation for me but that's what i've been calling him (and yeah, he kinda makes me thirsty for Coca Cola when I think about him or see him lol). He's your go to for all armor and weapon crafting for your Felyne comrade! But we're getting ahead of ourselves. Let's take a few steps back and talk about acquiring our Felynes to begin with.

At a certain point in your Monster Hunter Online career you will get a quest to talk to a little old Wyvern woman. Her name shows as Mother Cat

She's a sweet little old lady who hoards Felynes to sell to you! These Felynes are just waiting to help you in the field and get a good home! And you can hire up to 6, but at any given time can only have 1 accompany you on a quest for EXP to raise his level. More on this later. When you click in on the Top option, thi sis the purchase (or as I like to call it Adoption) screen.

As you can see, each Felyne cost 500 Zenny, which is really nothing at all. So hiring 6 at this time is nothing. Each one does something different. One will attack with actual weaponry, one will attack with weapon and throw bombs as well. There are also some who throw boomarangs at targets! But now that you purchased them, you can pull up the Felynes keybind now by pressing O on the keyboard, which will bring you to this screen.

The corresponding numbers at the bottom indicate Health, Attack, Defense. As well as EXP to next level and as you can also see, item slots! However, sadly the Mother Cat has another option at this point. If you click on Option 2 at the Bottom, it brings you to the Felyne Dismissal screen.

Selecting a Felyne and clicking the left option will free up a spot to hire a new comrade. But could you be so cruel? To some, yes, you might desire someone who throws Bombs and Boomarangs. But to some, we stick with just one and are fine with that. But I like to keep as many as I can for side leveling projects!

Now that we're done talking to Mother Cat, let's head back over to Coke!

Coke has two options here. The top option being Forge Gear while the bottom option is Decomposition. We will focus on the top option for now. Clicking into this you will be brought to three tabs. The first of which being Weapons

As you can see, there are 3 pages of Felyne weapons to craft and equip. Each one stronger than the last and some with added benefit. But lets stay focused on one of our only options out of 2 at the moment. This staff cost 2 Ore to make, of which prior to talking to Coke for the first time you should have a few on you to craft one weapon at the time. Ore is not the only material used to craft gear, as you will get higher rarety felyne crafting materials as you decomp later, but more on that in a bit. Moving on to the second tab in the middle we come to Head gear.

Much like the weapons, this gear also takes a material to create. However this time it's Wood. With the prior quest also giving you a little amount to work with. And the third option on the bottom will be Chest gear.

Before we leave Coke, let's click that bottom option and talk a second about Decomposition. When you decomp materials (any material you've acquired from a Monster Carve) you will get a set amount of Felyne crafting material in return. The more rare of a Monster item you break down, the rarer the crafting item. You will need to do this to keep your Felyne up to date on Armor and Weapons as you go along in hunting.

Lets get back to the gearing process. Now that you've made your pieces, you will have them in your inventory. Bring up the Felynes tab by pressing O again along with your Inventory by pressing I. Select the corresponding Felyne you want to outfit. It is worth noting here that if you click the pencil looking icon ABOVE the Felyne you can change their names to whatever you like. Although I could not name mine Airou

From here we just want to right click each piece of gear or, if you're more like me, you can drag and drop them into place to ensure they go on the right Felyne. After you're done, you should have something like this on screen!

And there you have it! You just outfitted your comrade for battle! What do you guys think? Are Felynes something you enjoy in game? Or do you not bother when it comes to them? Be sure to sign Airou's poll and let us know! That's all for now Hunters! Get back in the fields!

Single Polls, Total 25 Users voted
Your User group have no permission to vote
<a href="http://s815.photobucket.com/user/Lecruidant/media/do_the_felyne_dance_b

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
18 Posts
146 Points
Post time 4-27-2015 03:13 | Show all posts
Nice guide, but you should also explain how, and what the books you can equip your Felyne/Melynx are for.

I just figured out today what those books were used for that drop from event quests (The timed event in the hunt selection menu). Upon completion to my knowledge you get what I assume are "Skill Books" for your comrades.

It looks like yoru Felyne/Melynx can learn different skills, though I'm not too sure yet, I haven't dug that deep into it. It looks like these books can become "mastered" or something.

Use magic Report

Intern Moderator

10 Threads
55 Posts
385 Points
 Author| Post time 4-27-2015 03:23 | Show all posts
The more I uncover, the more I review. If there wasn't a daily cap on everything in the game, i'd have one full review out lol
<a href="http://s815.photobucket.com/user/Lecruidant/media/do_the_felyne_dance_b

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
18 Posts
146 Points
Post time 4-27-2015 11:43 | Show all posts
That's what multiple characters are for. Sure you don't really get to progress further on, but, at least it gives you a little bit more to uncover. I already have 3 chars lvl 15-19. The daily cap isn't enough to satisfy my MH Craving.

But yes, if you do figure out more about the books, I'd definitely like to see it posted here, I am curious about them. Of course, mayhap by the time you post the stuff here, I might have already figured out what they're for. Still, good job though. Took me a while to figure out what the cat "Coke" actually did with the warehouse option he had or the option to break down materials into Felyne mats, until I just randomly clicked on everything.

I really wish I would have read this post before hand. But it took me a while to find any forum, or real information on Monster Hunter Online CN to begin with.

Use magic Report

Expert III

4 Threads
29 Posts
295 Points
Post time 11-22-2015 11:21 | Show all posts
How did you run the game?! It's not released yet. Can you fucking help me out? I'm getting this damn error every time I try to launch it (attached). I added and switched to Simplified Chinese but it is still not working!

This post contains more resources

You have to Login to download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Intern Moderator

10 Threads
55 Posts
385 Points
 Author| Post time 11-22-2015 21:36 | Show all posts
enko 11-22-2015 14:21
How did you run the game?! It's not released yet. Can you fucking help me out? I'm getting this damn ...

Because like you said, the game isn't out yet and I was in a Closed Beta Test for it. There will be a No wipe Beta coming up if you get a key for it.

Use magic Report

Expert III

4 Threads
29 Posts
295 Points
Post time 11-23-2015 01:52 | Show all posts
Lecruidant 11-22-2015 21:36
Because like you said, the game isn't out yet and I was in a Closed Beta Test for it. There will b ...

Oh, I am aware of that. I just thought you somehow managed to launch it before that! Ehh hope for a key now!

Use magic Report

Expert II

2 Threads
16 Posts
202 Points
Post time 11-24-2015 09:13 | Show all posts
anyone know if the new closed beta is already up?

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
7 Posts
131 Points
Post time 12-28-2015 07:48 | Show all posts
Edited by khoahuy2410 at 12-28-2015 08:04

hello, please help. I cannot decompose any single material that I got to get the felyne crafting material. Did I do sth wrong?

This post contains more resources

You have to Login to download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Noob I

0 Threads
1 Posts
23 Points
Post time 1-3-2016 15:55 | Show all posts
khoahuy2410 12-28-2015 07:48
hello, please help. I cannot decompose any single material that I got to get the felyne crafting mat ...

i have the same problem.
Did you already solved?

Use magic Report

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|Dark room|2P.com

2-24-2017 18:18 GMT-8 , Processed in 1.030188 second(s), Total 16, Slave 15 queries .