Author: chaose5

Monster Hunter Online April 2015 CBT Client Download and Installation Guide

[Copy link]

Expert I

1 Threads
8 Posts
106 Points
Post time 4-22-2015 18:28 | Show all posts
Is there a guide on how to register and sign up for the beta at all, or is it just "i'm on my own" kind of thing?

Also the chinese phone number thing, is that the only way to get into the beta? If so, is there a way to get around this or some kind of alternative solution to obtaining it?
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Guru II

Moderator MedalHarbinger Medal

8 Threads
55 Posts
411 Points
 Author| Post time 4-22-2015 20:54 | Show all posts
NitroTrigger 4-22-2015 14:01
So I have a Key, I can get in game and everything and walk around and play, but The Tutorial keeps ...

Which tutorial you are talking about?? A screenshot would be helpful
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Guru II

8 Threads
55 Posts
411 Points
 Author| Post time 4-22-2015 20:55 | Show all posts
Xanek 4-22-2015 18:28
Is there a guide on how to register and sign up for the beta at all, or is it just "i'm on my own" k ...

the only way is to stance a chance to get the key 'officially' from tencent is to have a chinese phone number...
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
18 Posts
146 Points
Post time 4-22-2015 22:58 | Show all posts
@Chaose5

So, I was bored about a day or so ago, and decided to buy a CBT account.

So, I've followed everything you've suggested, and or said within the download guide, and it's all worked perfectly!

Though, I do have a problem as of now. When I start the launcher, and it tells me to login, I correctly put in the information, doing this about 5, or 6 times now, and it keeps popping up with my password is incorrect.

Now, before this, I haven't trusted any website, nor have used any other website to gain access to any "Foreign"  games out there, though, seeing as Monster hunter (MH) is one of my favorite series out there I figured, why not, I'll throw money their way to get into this CBT phase. And so I did so.

Now the problem relays in me not being able to actually launch the game, due to the password being incorrect, or apparently it is. Although, I'm able to log on to the main website no problem. And when I goto my account, and check my games it does in fact show MHO (Monster hunter Online) as one of the games that is registered to the account I bought.

So now the question is, how do I log in to the game? Everything checks out "Normal" but only when it comes to the launcher, am I having problems; Where it's telling me my password is wrong. Like I fully expect to be screwed over by a random company I've never heard of, let alone used before, but everything seems to check out.

Is there anyway I can fix this? I mean wasting money like what I paid for the CBT is no big deal, but I sure would like to play what I paid for.

Anyways, any advice, and tips would be most appreciated.
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Noob I

0 Threads
1 Posts
19 Points
Post time 4-22-2015 23:59 | Show all posts
Hi sorry to bother you you say u paid for cbt from some company can i know if i wan to buy
Where i can get it?
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
18 Posts
146 Points
Post time 4-23-2015 00:52 | Show all posts

but, since I don't know whether I'm screwed or not, I'd hold off on buying an account. As mentioned before, everything "Checks" out, but, I'm still skeptical, which is why I'm asking Chaose5, because they seem to know quite a bit about it.

Hold off on purchasing from these guys, I've done it before with Black Desert korean Server and such, and it's "Worked", but, MHO is really limited to how many CBT testers they're allowed.

but as a huge Monster Hunter (MH) fan, I couldn't let the deal slide by. Don't purchase on a whim like me.
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Guru II

8 Threads
55 Posts
411 Points
 Author| Post time 4-23-2015 03:42 | Show all posts
Edited by chaose5 at 4-23-2015 03:50
Humor 4-22-2015 22:58
@Chaose5

So, I was bored about a day or so ago, and decided to buy a CBT account from Newgameway.co ...

well, if you can login to the website with the same id and pw, i don't see a reason why the client tell you otherwise..

Do you see a message clearly stating that your password is incorrect (in chinese)?

Can give me a screenshot on the exact msg the client give you ?

The client is stupid program; it might give you wrong info on what's going on sometimes too

p/s:

One of the reason why i don't mention about buying account, is because i don't want to be responsible for any resultant scam. However, once you have obtained the account on your own, i don't mind helping out with any game/client issues which arises

Also take note that, you can actually bind the QQ account to your own handphone (overseas included) to prevent others from reseting the password

http://aq.qq.com/cn2/manage/mobile/mobile_index?source_id=2228  

Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
8 Posts
106 Points
Post time 4-23-2015 10:28 | Show all posts
Chaose5 4-23-2015 03:42
Also take note that, you can actually bind the QQ account to your own handphone (overseas included) to prevent others from reseting the password

How do you bind the QQ account to your own handphone? if that link is suppose to tell us how, I can't read it and translating it doesn't work well.
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Noob I

0 Threads
2 Posts
18 Points
Post time 4-23-2015 12:14 | Show all posts
jesuchulo 4-22-2015 11:33
Thanks a lot!!! Now i can launch the game, but a new error appears to me  
When i put a characte ...

idem :\
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Expert I

1 Threads
18 Posts
146 Points
Post time 4-23-2015 16:36 | Show all posts
chaose5 4-23-2015 03:42
well, if you can login to the website with the same id and pw, i don't see a reason why the client  ...

Thanks for the response Chaose5, but I guess I got this whole thing figured out now.

I think I just needed to restart my PC or something, as now, I don't have any problems with it. Well, aside the gigantic lag spikes which I'm still not understanding. Server says 230ms, which is playable for me at least, and to expected as an ideal ping from where I'm located (Canada). And only spikes that happen during Quests/Hunts, not in town where you'd think it'd be the worst.

Anyways, thanks again for your help, appreciate it. Time for me to go enjoy one of my good old favorite games from the PS2 which Capcom then ruined by bringing it to Nintendo.

Tencent is definitely pushing MH in the direction in which it once should have headed like 10 years ago.

Comments

ah glad you fix the problem. But I have to delete the account selling website address you put in here. Hope you understand :D  Post time 4-23-2015 17:42
Reply Upvote Downvote

Use magic Report

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|Dark room|2P.com

1-19-2018 06:53 GMT-8 , Processed in 0.158278 second(s), Total 14, Slave 13 queries .