View: 2610|Reply: 0

Clash Royale: In-depth look at Arena 1 Cards – Strategies and Counters

[Copy link]

Noob I

2 Threads
4 Posts
46 Points
Post time 4-18-2016 16:54 | Show all posts |Read mode

Over the Past few weeks I’ve been grinding away at my F2P Clash Royale account. Like a 9-5 job, I’ve been unremittingly opening my treasure chests, donating cards, and refilling the chest que. I’ve made it past Arena 1 quite a while ago, but I’ve still figured it would be a good idea to go over the cards that are available at this rank.

Common

Spear Goblin: For only 2-elixir, the Spear Goblins are a must have in the first few arenas as they provide excellent flexibility throughout the match. Offensively, they are a superb backup to melee units as they can essentially be combined with any early game card. Defensively, they are excellent counter measures to expensive air units like Balloon, which can easily catch you off guard if too many resources have been dedicated to the opposite side. Because they are so cheap, the Spear Goblins are easily countered and will essentially become fodder for your more expensive units. Make sure to always place them behind a stronger unit because it only takes a couple hits from most other units to quickly eliminate theSpear Goblins.

Goblins: In the first few Arenas, I haven’t seen many people use these units successfully. Like the Spear Goblins they are only 2-elixir and with cheap price comes a weak body. The only upside they have is that they can provide a more adequate distraction than the Skeletons, thanks to their higher health pool and damage output. Against single bodied, non-AoE-melee units (Prince, Mini P.E.K.K.A, Knight), the Goblins can provide a distraction so that stronger units can unleash their retrospective damage without getting hurt. Other than that, I don’t see much use for the Goblins, as they are useless offensively and die too quickly to virtually everything.

Rare

Goblin Hut: This is a really fun card to use and when played correctly, it can provide control of the tempo within the match. For 5-elixir, this card needs to be sagaciously played so that the opponent doesn’t quickly counter it or it doesn’t set you behind. The Goblin Hut is usually best played after the opponent’s first push, so that you can properly set up a successful counter. Played in tandem with a melee unit, the Goblin Hut can build up a plethora of units so that it can overwhelm the opponent.  Defensively, this card should never be used unless a sacrifice is needed to prevent the destruction of towers. The best counter to this card is spells, as many of them can instantly eliminate the Hut. That’s why it’s best used after a push, because the opponent will not be able to afford wasting precious elixir when they must be concentrating on reestablishing tempo-control.

Valkyrie: The Valkyrie is one of the most solid cards in the game and is used in all levels of the game. For 4-elixir, it has a solid body and can put up solid damage. Chiefly, its primary attribute is its ability to do extensive AoE damage. Offensively, it is another solid melee unit that can semi-tank for ranged units. Defensively, it should be used to clear multiple units such asSkeleton Army, Goblins, Spear Goblins, and Barbarians. Aerial units are the best to counter the Valkyrie and strong, single units like the Prince can solo the Valkyrie.

Epic

Lightning: 6-Elixir is a lot to ask for a spell that has a “semi-random” effect. Personally, I haven’t seen this spell played much but I could see it serving a purpose. Like all spells, Lightning is good for taking out enemy buildings (Barbarian Hut, Goblin Hut, Bomb Tower). Personally, I’m partial to theRocket because it does more damage and you can control what it hits. Yes,Lightning is better for defensive situations because of the larger radius, but for 6-elixir, you don’t really want to be using it in a defensive situation.

Goblin Barrel: While the Goblin’s might not be good, their cousin, theGoblin Barrel, is another thing entirely. In a war of attrition, the Goblin Barrel is one of the strongest weapons as it can instantly do damage to the opponents fort. Even if the GB doesn’t do much damage to the opposing fort, it will still force the opponent to waste resources to deal with it. It’s a great way to avert the opponent’s forces and for only 4-Elixir, I think this is a great siege card to have in your arsenal.

Use magic Report

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile|Dark room|2P.com

1-20-2018 21:03 GMT-8 , Processed in 0.060931 second(s), Total 14, Slave 13 queries .